Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm a Blogger??

       For some time I have considered blogging.  Finally, I was inspired to start a blog because of the new year, and the start of The Pagan Blog Project.  One of my heart's desires for the year is to write more.  A weekly commitment to writing with a group of pagans is a perfect way for me to meet my goal, focus my studies, and share a bit of my life with the world. 
       I am fortunate to have had many chances to "re-invent" my life.  My struggles have shaped me, and my gifts have blessed me with an ability to see the Divine connection with All there is, and ever was.  Today, I am happier, and more at peace than I have ever been.  I make a conscious effort to surround myself with love, beauty and the wonders of the natural world.  This allows me to do difficult work as a pediatric nurse, and to see beyond the barrage of chaotic distractions of modern society.  For there is so much to enjoy before our very eyes, if we could try to See!  Whispers of the past and future, offer solace and wholeness  during troubling times, if we would only Listen!  We can experience the rhythms of the earth, and the moon, like our ancient ancestors, if we would only STOP and Feel!  
       For all of you reading this who are not pagan, no problem.  What I plan to share with you in this blog is not just "woo-hoo"; and for me it is not a religion.  I am definitely a confessed spiritual  tree-hugger, but am also very grounded in reality.  What I Know is, we are all connected in the cosmic web of life.  Our societal disconnect with this concept leads to war, famine, and incredible pain and suffering.  In our daily lives this disconnect leads to depression, fear, feeling scattered and alone.  I have learned and re-learned, what I knew innately as a small child.  We are all in this together, and We are so much more than we imagine.  Over the next year I will share my perceptions of the world, through my eyes, and the eyes of the many companions who accompany me on my spiritual path.  With introspection, keen awareness, and always a hint of whimsy, I am now a blogger!

Pagan Blog Project
http://onewitchsway.com/pbp2012/

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting to blog! I started a few months ago because I wanted to write more. I chose to write about Wicca because my religion is something that defines me as a person and has had such a wonderful impact on my life. I look forward to reading your posts through out the year! Happy Blogging!

    http://randomlywitchy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I look forward to reading yours as well!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to blogging! hehe I look forward to reading your blog posts through the blog project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful introduction! I look forward to future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete